Are you a fan of Mexican cuisine? Do you enjoy the vibrant and zesty flavors that come with it? If so, then you’re in for a treat!
In this article, we’ll share a delightful Chevy’s salsa recipe with you. This homemade salsa will elevate your taste buds to new heights with its fresh ingredients and bold flavors.
Get ready to tantalize your senses as we guide you through the steps of creating this mouthwatering salsa.
Chevy’s Salsa Recipe
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Marinating Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: This recipe yields approximately 2 cups of salsa.
Ingredients For Chevy’s Salsa Recipe
To make Chevy’s salsa recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 6 ripe tomatoes
- 1 white onion
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Step-By-Step Preparation Guide
Step 1: Preparing The Tomatoes
Start by rinsing the tomatoes under cold water. Then, remove the stems and cut them into quarters.
Step 2: Chopping The Onion
Peel the white onion and chop it into small, finely diced pieces.
Step 3: Handling The Jalapeños
Wear gloves while handling jalapeños to protect your skin from the spicy oils. Remove the stems and seeds from the jalapeños, then chop them into small pieces.
Step 4: Blending The Ingredients
Add chopped tomatoes, onion, jalapeños, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and black pepper in a food processor or blender. Blend the ingredients until you achieve your desired salsa consistency. Some prefer a chunky texture, while others prefer a smoother one.
Step 5: Adjusting The Seasoning
Taste the salsa and adjust the seasoning according to your preference. You can add more salt, lime juice, or cilantro if desired.
Step 6: Letting The Flavors Marinate
Transfer the salsa to a bowl and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. This allows the flavors to meld together and intensify.
Step 7: Enjoying The Salsa
Once the salsa has been marinated, it’s ready to be served! Grab your favorite tortilla chips, and dive into the deliciousness of homemade Chevy’s salsa recipe.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving (1/4 Cup)
- Calories: 25
- Total Fat: 0.3g
- Sodium: 243mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 5.6g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.4g
- Sugars: 3.5g
- Protein: 1g
Tips For Customizing Your Salsa
- Remove the seeds and veins from the jalapeños for a milder salsa before chopping them.
- If you prefer a spicier salsa, leave the seeds and veins intact, or add a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Experiment with different types of tomatoes, such as Roma or cherry tomatoes, to vary the flavor and texture of your salsa.
- Add diced mango or pineapple for a fruity twist to your salsa.
- If you enjoy a smoky flavor, roast the tomatoes, onion, and jalapeños before blending them.
Serving And Storage Suggestions
Chevy’s salsa is best when eaten right away, but if you have any leftovers, store them in the fridge in an airtight container. That lasts for three days at most. Before serving leftovers, stir the salsa quickly to redistribute the flavors.
Health Benefits Of Homemade Salsa
Homemade salsa is not only delicious but also offers several health benefits. Here are a few reasons why you should incorporate salsa into your diet:
- Salsa is low in calories and fat, making it a healthier alternative to other dips and spreads.
- Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that may help reduce the risk of certain cancers.
- Jalapeños contain capsaicin, which may boost metabolism and aid in weight loss.
- Cilantro is a good source of vitamins A, C, and K and antioxidants.
- Lime juice adds a burst of vitamin C to your salsa, supporting your immune system.
Chevy’s salsa recipe is a delightful homemade salsa that adds flavor to your meals and snacks. You can easily recreate this delicious salsa at home with its fresh ingredients and simple preparation steps.
Whether you’re hosting a gathering or simply craving a tasty snack, Chevy’s salsa is sure to impress your taste buds. Now gather your ingredients, follow the instructions in this article, and prepare to relish every tart and zesty bite!