Are you a fan of spicy food? Are you also a fan of the delicious flavors of honey?
If so, you’re lucky because we have a recipe for a hot sauce that perfectly combines both tastes.
This recipe is inspired by the famous honey hot sauce served at Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen, a casual dining restaurant chain in the United States.
Cheddars Honey Hot Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (such as Frank’s RedHot)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (add more or less to adjust the level of heat)
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, hot sauce, butter, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, frequently stirring, until the butter is fully melted and the ingredients are well combined.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Once the sauce has cooled, transfer it to a clean, airtight container and store it in the refrigerator.
This honey hot sauce is the perfect addition to any dish that could use a little extra kick of heat. Try it on chicken, fish, pork, or even as a dipping sauce for your favorite appetizers. You can also add it to a salad dressing for a spicy honey mustard dressing. The possibilities are endless!
This recipe is easy to make and can be easily adjusted to your taste. You can make it as sweet or as spicy as you like by adjusting the amount of honey or cayenne pepper. So, give it a try and let us know how you like it!