Welcome to our recipe for cascaval pane, a delicious and satisfying dish that is sure to become a new favorite in your home!
Cascaval pane is a traditional Romanian dish made with pan-fried cheese and served with various accompaniments.
It’s a simple yet flavorful recipe that is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or a tasty snack.
In this blog post, we’ll share the step-by-step instructions for making cascaval pane at home, as well as some tips and variations to try. So let’s get started!
Cascaval Pane Recipe
Here’s the recipe for the cascaval pane:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 8 ounces cascaval cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sliced tomatoes
- Set up a breading station by placing the flour in one shallow dish, the beaten eggs in another, and the breadcrumbs in a third.
- Season the cheese slices with salt and pepper.
- Dip the cheese slices into the flour, then the egg, and then the breadcrumbs, making sure to coat them evenly on all sides.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the butter is melted and hot, add the breaded cheese slices to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve the cascaval pane hot with your choice of accompaniments. Enjoy!
- You can use any type of cheese that you like for this recipe, such as mozzarella, gouda, or cheddar.
- For a spicy twist, you can add some cayenne pepper or paprika to the breadcrumb mixture.
- If you want to make a vegan version of this recipe, you can use plant-based cheese and non-dairy milk in place of the eggs.
- You can also try serving the cascaval pane with a side of jam or honey for a sweet and savory combination.
We hope you enjoy this recipe for cascaval pane! Let us know in the comments if you have any questions or suggestions.