If you’re a fan of Italian cuisine and are on the lookout for an appetizer that’s both indulgent and flavorful, look no further than Carrabba’s Stuffed Mushroom Recipe.
These delectable morsels offer a harmonious blend of rich textures and savory tastes that are sure to tantalize your taste buds.
In this article, we’ll take you through the steps of recreating this Carrabba’s Stuffed Mushroom Recipe in your own kitchen.
Get ready to embark on a delightful gastronomic journey!
Carrabba’s Stuffed Mushroom Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Course: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Italian
- Yield: 20 stuffed mushrooms
Ingredients You’ll Need
To create these mouthwatering stuffed mushrooms, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 20 large fresh mushrooms (cremini or baby Bella)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparing The Mushroom Caps
- Clean The Mushrooms: Gently wipe the mushroom caps with a damp cloth to remove any dirt. Carefully remove the stems and set aside.
Creating The Filling
- Sauté The Garlic: Heat olive oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Prepare The Filling Mixture: In a bowl, combine cream cheese, Italian breadcrumbs, chopped parsley, grated Parmesan cheese, and sautéed garlic. Mix until well combined.
Stuffing The Mushrooms
- Stuff The Mushroom Caps: Take each mushroom cap and generously fill it with the prepared mixture. Press down slightly to ensure it’s tightly packed.
Baking To Perfection
- Preheat the oven: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Arrange the mushrooms: Place the stuffed mushrooms on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake: Bake the mushrooms for about 20-25 minutes, or until the filling is golden brown and the mushrooms are tender.
The recipe for stuffed mushrooms from Carrabba’s is a flexible one that can be used as a side dish or even as an appetizer. They go great with a variety of dipping sauces, like creamy garlic aioli or marinara.
Think of serving these stuffed mushrooms with a light, crisp white wine like Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc for a lovely gastronomic experience. The acidity and citrus flavors of the wine go well with the dish’s richness.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)
- Calories: 56
- Total Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Sodium: 80mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 3.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.5g
- Sugars: 0.5g
- Protein: 2g
Tips For Success
- Choose mushrooms with firm caps to ensure they hold the filling well.
- Experiment with different types of cheeses and herbs for a unique twist on the recipe.
- Don’t be afraid to adjust the seasonings according to your taste preferences.
Customizing The Recipe
Feel free to get creative and add your own personal touch to Carrabba’s Stuffed Mushroom Recipe. You can incorporate ingredients like cooked sausage, chopped spinach, or even a hint of truffle oil for an extra layer of flavor.
If you’re looking for a healthier version of this indulgent dish, consider using reduced-fat cream cheese and whole wheat breadcrumbs. You can also opt for a drizzle of olive oil instead of butter for a lighter touch.
A delicious appetizer that captures the essence of Italian food is Carrabba’s Stuffed Mushroom Recipe. It is a dish that is ideal for both special occasions and everyday indulgence thanks to its robust tastes and straightforward preparation.
So grab your supplies, don an apron, and treat yourself to a meal that will surely impress.