Carne picada recipes with rice is a Latin American dish of finely chopped beef flavored with garlic, cumin, black pepper, and oregano. This delicious Latin dish is the perfect choice for a quick meal for any occasion. Learn how to make our favorite Carne picada recipes from this article!
Carne picada is a versatile Latin American dish that can be served and enjoyed in many ways. Whether you are looking for a quick idea for dinner or something to bring to a party, you will find it here.
Carne picada is usually served with white rice and refried beans, but it also makes for a great addition to tacos, quesadillas, and pupusas. This crispy beef also goes well with so-called continental Mexican salsas such as salsa verde or pico de gallo.
- 1 Carne Picada Recipes With Rice
- 2 Carne Picada Nutrition Facts (per serving)
- 3 Can I Make Gluten-Free Carne Picada?
- 4 How Should I Serve Carne Picada?
- 5 Are Carne Picada Good For You?
- 6 Will Carne Picada Increase Your Appetite?
- 7 Will Carne Picada Make You Fat?
- 8 Will Carne Picada Increase Your Cholesterol?
- 9 Conclusion
Carne Picada Recipes With Rice
Prepare Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 pounds round roast, cubes of ½ inch
- 3 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Suggested Side Dish For Carne Picada: Rice. Recipe With Rice (see below)
- In order to make Carne picada recipes with rice we must first prepare the beef.
- Cube the beef into ½-inch cubes and place in a bowl that is deep enough for mixing. In order to marinate the beef, squeeze lime juice over it.
- Now, add salt, black pepper, cumin, and oregano.
- Mix the ingredients with one hand and use the other hand to work the beef with your fingers until they are evenly distributed.
- Now add the flour and mix it together. The mixture should be coarse and crumbly in texture.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, then add the beef and sauté it for about 5 minutes after adding it to the pan or until it is evenly browned.
- Stir often so that all sides of the beef are completely cooked. Set it aside on a dish covered with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- In order to make Carne picada recipes with rice, cook about 1.25 cups of rice in a pot according to the directions on the box card. Place into individual portions and serve.
Carne Picada Nutrition Facts (per serving)
|Total Fat||9 gm|
Can I Make Gluten-Free Carne Picada?
Gluten-free Carne picada recipes are a nice addition to the traditional version. When making a gluten-free version of this dish, you can use rice flour instead of wheat flour for some variation.
It’s also nice to add some vegetables to the dish. For example, you can add eggplant, zucchini, red bell peppers, and tomatoes to your Carne picada recipes.
Gluten-free Carne picada recipes make for a quick meal that will be a hit with any family or friends who happen to drop in for dinner on a busy night. It’s also nice to serve this dish as tapas at parties or other events.
How Should I Serve Carne Picada?
Carne picada recipes can be served like a steak by slicing the beef thinly and then serving it. It is also nice to serve the dish over rice or potatoes. Another popular way to serve Carne picada recipes is with salad. Serve this meal like you would a traditional steak so that everyone can enjoy the dish and enjoy it too!
Are Carne Picada Good For You?
When eaten in moderation, Carne picada recipes are a healthy meal. The meat is marinated in cilantro, oregano, and other spices for flavor and nutritional value. On top of that, it’s an excellent source of protein.
Carne picada is a great dish for lunch to take to work or dinner at home. This recipe is also great for entertaining and parties.
Will Carne Picada Increase Your Appetite?
Carne picada recipes are an excellent way to increase your appetizer. They are very easy to prepare and can be made in advance. Serve them with a side of fresh fruit and any kind of salsa you have on hand in your refrigerator.
It’s nice to eat Carne picada before dinner because it will fill you up with protein and keep longer than if you had used lean meat without the spices in Carne picada recipes.
Will Carne Picada Make You Fat?
If Carne picada recipes are your go-to meal for every night of the week and you continuously eat this without any snacks or vegetables, then yes, Carne picada will make you fat.
However, if you eat it in moderation like most people and have a small side salad with the meat, then it will definitely not make you fat. It will, in fact, be a healthy meal option.
Will Carne Picada Increase Your Cholesterol?
Carne picada recipes are a good meal option for lowering your cholesterol because they are lean meat. So, if you enjoy eating this regularly, you will lower your cholesterol naturally. It’s also good to remember that carne picada should be eaten in moderation like most foods in our diets.
Therefore, if you were to eat it all of the time, then it would increase your cholesterol levels, which is not healthy either.
Carne picada recipes are a wonderful way to get lean protein into your body. The main component of this recipe is beef, which is very lean meat. When you marinate the meat in citrus and then sauté it, it will make a tasty treat that everyone will enjoy.
As an added bonus, carne picada recipes are easy to make and can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.