Are you craving a delightful dessert that will leave your taste buds begging for more? Look no further than Brenda Gantt cheesecake recipe!
This article will explore the steps to create a mouthwatering Brenda Gantt Cheesecake Recipe that will impress your family and friends.
Brenda Gantt, a renowned food blogger, and culinary expert, has perfected this recipe over the years, making it a favorite among dessert enthusiasts worldwide.
So let’s roll up our sleeves and get ready to indulge in a creamy, velvety, and utterly delicious cheesecake!
Brenda Gantt Cheesecake Recipe
- Recipe Time: Preparation – 30 minutes, Baking – 1 hour and 15 minutes, Cooling and Refrigerating – At least 5 hours
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Yield: One 9-inch cheesecake (approximately 12 servings)
- Calories: Approximately 450 calories per serving (may vary based on specific ingredients and serving size)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 32 oz (4 packages) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
Gathering The Ingredients:
- Collect all the necessary ingredients to ensure a smooth preparation process.
Preparing The Crust:
- Crush the graham crackers into fine crumbs using a food processor or a sealed plastic bag with a rolling pin.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted unsalted butter, and 1/4 cup of granulated sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix until the crumbs are evenly coated.
- Press the crumb mixture firmly onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan to create the crust.
Making The Cheesecake Filling:
- In a large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until it becomes fluffy and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Gradually add 1 cup of granulated sugar to the cream cheese and continue beating until well combined.
- Mix in the sour cream and vanilla extract, beating until the filling becomes creamy and rich.
- Add the eggs one at a time, fully incorporating each egg before adding the next.
- Stir in the lemon zest to provide a zesty twist to the filling.
Baking The Cheesecake:
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (163°C).
- Wrap the springform pan with aluminum foil to prevent leaks.
- Place the wrapped pan in a larger roasting pan and pour hot water into the roasting pan, filling it about halfway up the sides of the springform pan. This creates a water bath for even baking.
- Carefully place the roasting pan with the springform pan inside the preheated oven and bake for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the cheesecake’s edges are set, and the center is slightly jiggly.
Cooling And Refrigerating:
- Once the Baking is complete, turn off the oven and allow the cheesecake to cool inside the oven for one hour. This gradual cooling process helps prevent cracks.
- After cooling, remove the cheesecake from the oven and refrigerate it for at least 4 hours or overnight to ensure it sets perfectly.
Toppings And Serving:
- Before serving, carefully remove the cheesecake from the springform pan and place it on a serving platter.
- To enhance the presentation and taste, you can add various toppings such as fresh berries, fruit compote, chocolate shavings, or caramel sauce.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving):
- Total Fat: 32g
- Saturated Fat: 18g
- Cholesterol: 145mg
- Sodium: 320mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 34g
- Sugars: 25g
- Protein: 7g
- Vitamin D: 31.6IU
- Calcium: 104mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 140mg
Brenda Gantt cheesecake recipe is a divine treat that will leave you and your guests in awe of your culinary prowess. By following the step-by-step guide and paying attention to each detail, you can create a heavenly cheesecake that will delight everyone’s taste buds.