Beer Bread Recipe Gordon Ramsay is a popular bread that’s also easy to make. It’s a great alternative to richer yeast bread and bakery items, and with its wonderful aroma of fresh-baked bread, it’s sure to become a favorite treat for everyone!
Try this recipe for a quick, easy, and delicious beer bread recipe.
- 1 Beer Bread Recipe Gordon Ramsay
- 2 How Do You Know When Beer Bread Is Done?
- 3 How Long Should Bread Rest Before Cutting?
- 4 Nutrition Facts Per Serving
- 5 What Does Beer Bread Taste Like?
- 6 Can I Make Gluten-Free Beer Bread?
- 7 How Should I Serve Beer Bread?
- 8 Are Beer Bread Good For You?
- 9 Will Beer Bread Increase Your Appetite?
- 10 Frequently Asked Questions:
- 11 Conclusion
Beer Bread Recipe Gordon Ramsay
Prepare Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 175g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 3 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Butter, for greasing
- ½ tbsp flaked sea salt, e.g., Maldon
- 250ml beer or lager
- 1–2 tbsp milk
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, Gas Mark 6). Butter a 1.5-liter pie dish.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and stir in the salt. Add the beer gradually, constantly stirring as you do so. The mixture should be lump-free and smooth. If it is not, add a little more beer or some milk until it is.
3. Add enough milk to give a soft, open dough.
4. Shape into a ball, place in the greased pie dish and cut a cross into the top with a sharp knife or knuckle. Brush the top with a clean finger dipped in some water and pressed down on the dough to make it compact. Sprinkle with some extra salt if you wish.
5. Bake for 35 minutes, until well risen and golden brown. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Cut the bread into wedges before serving.
How Do You Know When Beer Bread Is Done?
Beer Bread Recipe Gordon Ramsay is ready when it is golden brown and sounds hollow when you tap the bottom of the dish.
How Long Should Bread Rest Before Cutting?
Beer Bread Recipe Gordon Ramsay should rest for at least 5 minutes so that the texture is firm.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
- Calories: 150 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Saturated fat: 6 g
- Total sugar: 7 g
- Dietary fiber: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 105 mg
What Does Beer Bread Taste Like?
The flavor of this beer bread varies with the type of beer used, but it is generally light and balanced. If a stronger beer is used, it can be just 2% alcohol or less.
Can I Make Gluten-Free Beer Bread?
Beer Bread Recipe Gordon Ramsay is gluten-free if you use gluten-free flour such as oat flour or sorghum flour.
You can also use it to make a gluten-free beer cake by adding more flour. Use more flour still to make a loaf of gluten-free beer bread.
How Should I Serve Beer Bread?
Serve Beer Bread with butter as a snack or at tea time.
Are Beer Bread Good For You?
If you are cutting calories, watching your fat intake, or want to steer away from caffeine, this is a great choice. Plus, beer bread is tasty and yummy!
Will Beer Bread Increase Your Appetite?
No. This is a great selection if you are trying to maintain your weight or reduce the refined carbohydrates in your diet.
It’s also perfect for when you need a low-fat alternative to starchy foods such as sandwiches and toast.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What Does Adding Beer To Bread Dough Do?
Beer Bread Recipe Gordon Ramsay adds alcohol to the dough. Dissolved in the liquid breaks down starches and reduces their ability to stretch, leading to a denser loaf.
Why Is My Beer Bread So Dense?
You may not have had the right ratio of beer to flour. You can also handle the dough too much, which will make it dense.
How Many Calories Are There In Beer Bread?
The calories in beer bread vary depending on how much fat is used, the type of beer, and other ingredients added. Generally speaking, a 100g serving will have approximately 174 calories.
What Beer Is Good For Bread?
A beer made with hops will produce a better flavor for your bread than one that is not.
Beer Bread Recipe Gordon Ramsay is the perfect bread for any time of the day. It is a great alternative to richer yeast bread and bakery items, it’s gluten-free if you need it to be, and it is tasty and yummy.
So if you’re ready for a change, give this delicious beer bread recipe a try!