If you’re a fan of Arby’s delicious sandwiches, you’ve probably fallen in love with their mouthwatering Au Jus dipping sauce.
The savory, flavorful, and rich taste of Au Jus can elevate any sandwich to a whole new level. However, what if we told you that you could recreate this delectable sauce in the comfort of your own kitchen?
In this article, we’ll provide you with an easy-to-follow Arby’s Au Jus recipe that mirrors the delightful taste of Arby’s Au Jus.
Prepare to embark on a culinary adventure that will leave your taste buds craving more.
Arby’s Au Jus Recipe
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Course: Sauce/Dip
- Cuisine: American
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, sauté the minced garlic and diced onion over medium heat until they become fragrant and translucent.
- Pour the beef broth into the saucepan and add the Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce.
- Stir in the dried thyme and rosemary, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow the mixture to simmer over low heat for approximately 20-25 minutes, letting the flavors meld together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch and water until the cornstarch dissolves completely.
- Slowly add the cornstarch mixture to the simmering sauce while stirring continuously. This will thicken the sauce to the desired consistency.
- Let the sauce cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until it reaches the perfect texture.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the Au Jus cool slightly before serving.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- Calories: Approximately 35 kcal
- Total Fat: 0.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1g
- Sodium: 550mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 5g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.5g
- Total Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 2g
Tips For Serving
Arby’s Au Jus recipe is a versatile sauce that pairs wonderfully with various dishes. Here are some serving suggestions to make the most of your homemade creation:
- Roast Beef Sandwich: Dip your homemade roast beef sandwich into the Au Jus for an authentic Arby’s experience.
- French Dip Sandwich: Create a classic French dip sandwich by adding thinly sliced roast beef to a crusty roll and serving it with a side of Au Jus for dipping.
- Steak: Drizzle the Au Jus over a perfectly cooked steak to enhance its natural flavors.
- Mashed Potatoes: Pour the sauce over mashed potatoes for a savory twist on this classic side dish.
Creating your own version of Arby’s Au Jus recipe is a delightful culinary adventure that allows you to savor the same great taste from the comfort of your home. You can make this delicious sauce quickly at home with basic ingredients and simple instructions to give your sandwiches and other dishes a flavor boost.
Prepare to dazzle your family and friends with your own Arby’s au jus recipe and savor the familiar and cherished flavors.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I Use Vegetable Broth Instead Of Beef Broth?
While you can use vegetable broth, keep in mind that it will result in a different flavor profile, as beef broth contributes significantly to the taste of the sauce.
Is There A Way To Make The Au Jus Gluten-Free?
Yes, you can substitute a gluten-free soy sauce or tamari for regular soy sauce.
How Long Does The Homemade Au Jus Last In The Fridge?
The Au Jus can last in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days when stored in an airtight container.
Can I Freeze The Au Jus For Later Use?
Absolutely! You can freeze the Au Jus in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Is There A Vegetarian Version Of Au Jus?
Yes, you can make a vegetarian version using vegetable broth and omitting Worcestershire sauce or using a vegan alternative.