Applebees shark bowl recipe has to be one of my favorites, and I love the simplicity of this dish.
This is the perfect choice if you are looking for a light and refreshing drink. It will provide your guests with a fruity, sweet taste without being too heavy.
What I love the most about this drink is that it is ready in under 5 minutes, so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your guests.
Applebees Shark Bowl Recipe
Prepare Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
- 1 cup of blue PowerAde
- 4 cups of ice
- 3 ounces of blue curacao (remove for a mocktail)
- 1 shark gummy candy
Step By Step Instructions
Step-1: Place the ice in a large bowl and pour blue PowerAda on top of it. You can also use cranberry juice if you prefer.
Step-2: Add the blue curacao to the Powerade, which should be in a pitcher, and shake well until everything is dissolved. Salt away!
Step-3: Put the shark candy into a glass (you have to make sure that this is small enough for your drink) and pour the juice over it.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Tips For Making Shark Bowl:
- For your shark gummies, you can either buy them or you can make them yourself. I made my own because they last longer and taste better. You just need to know that gum is something sticky like peanut butter and will not dissolve into your drink. You must cut the gummy in big chunks and pour the drink over it.
- The blue Powerade can be replaced by anything else with a fruity or sweet flavor. Cranberry juice, orange juice, grape juice – pretty much any other fruit juice would work fine as long as it is not too strong tasting.
- If you would like to serve the drink in a different glass, you will want to pour it over a large spoon.
- If your shark gummies are too small for this drink, you can use shark cookies or another similar food item.
What Alcohol Mixes Well With Powerade?
On the rocks, in mixed drinks, or straight up, it’s possible to blend PowerAde into many alcoholic beverages. You’ll basically want to go with whatever the most popular drink in the season is at the bar that you are at.
For example, if you are on vacation in Mexico during Cinco de Mayo and everyone is drinking margaritas, try mixing yours with PowerAde instead of using lime juice.
Some more popular choices include:
- Pina Colada– this drink consists of rum, pineapple juice, and coconut cream, so it will be a great choice for you.
- Tequila Sunrise– you will need tequila and orange juice for this punch.
- Tiki Drinks– these are pretty potent, and you will want to be careful with the amount you drink, but it is worth it for the flavor you get. Mixtures like dark rum, pineapple juice, and a bit of coconut cream will complement your drink.
- Long Island Ice Tea– this is probably one of the most popular drinks in the world, so using PowerAde with it is an obvious choice. This includes vodka, gin, rum, triple sec, and lemon juice, so your taste buds are in for a treat.
What Does Shark Bowl Taste Like?
A bowl of shark bowl is as refreshing as a bowl of blueberry/frozen yogurt/Tang/water with lemon. It also tastes very sweet because of the blue PowerAde and the blue curacao. You will be surprised by how sweet it is because these items are normally not that sweet.
How Should I Serve Shark Bowl?
You can serve this to people either as is or you can make a mocktail for it by mixing 2-3 ounces of vodka with the same amount of Blue Curacao.
You will want to keep in mind that if you use vodka, the drink should be served at room temperature to prevent your guests from feeling any chill from the alcohol.
Is It Suitable For A Home Party?
Yes, if you want to make appetizers for a party, I suggest serving them at room temperature rather than cold because cold cuts can be too rich for some people.
You should also serve this during the summer because your guests will like the sweet taste that is present in it.
Do You Have Any Disadvantages To Drink Shark Bowl?
Yes, these are the only disadvantages I can think of:
- This drink is sweet because of the PowerAde and the blue curacao, so you may end up feeling too full if you drink more than one.
- This drink only tastes great when it has been prepared correctly. If you do not dissolve all three ingredients to get a sweet taste, it might taste kind of bland. This can be avoided by ensuring that you shake well before pouring it over the ice cream to mix all the flavors together.
Shark bowl is your best option if you are looking for a light and refreshing drink. It is tasty and will provide your guests with a sweet and fruity taste without being too heavy.
The benefits of drinking this beverage will also add up because it will leave you feeling light and happy throughout the day.