Indulge in the delectable world of baking with our Apple Cake Tea Room Banana Bread recipe.
This delightful treat combines the warmth of apple cake, the quaint charm of tea rooms, and the beloved comfort of banana bread into one irresistible creation.
Be ready to enjoy a delectable mix of sensations that will tempt your taste buds as we take you on a flavorful journey through the history of apple cake, the allure of tea rooms, and the affection for banana bread.
This dish promises to add a touch of elegance and nostalgia to your meal with simple directions and a dash of imagination. So, let’s get baking and embark on a delightful adventure of taste and aroma!
Apple Cake Tea Room Banana Bread Recipe
Let’s bring these wonderful flavors together in a recipe that will tantalize your taste buds. The Apple Cake Tea Room Banana Bread recipe combines the warmth of apple cake, the quaint charm of tea rooms, and the comfort of banana bread.
- Time: Preparation: 20 minutes, Baking: 50-60 minutes, Cooling: 10 minutes
- Course: Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: American, European
- Yield: 1 loaf (about 10-12 servings)
- Calories: Approximately 220 calories per serving.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Before you begin, gather the following ingredients:
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup grated apple (peeled and cored)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional for added crunch)
- Confectioners’ sugar (for dusting, optional)
Follow these simple steps to create your Apple Cake Tea Room Banana Bread recipe:
Step 1: Prepare The Oven
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan and set it aside.
Step 2: Mix Wet Ingredients
Combine the mashed bananas, grated apple, melted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Mix well until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
Step 3: Combine Dry Ingredients
In a another bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ground nutmeg, and cinnamon.
Step 4: Combine Wet And Dry Ingredients
Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with buttermilk. Mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix the batter. If desired, fold in chopped walnuts for added texture.
Step 5: Bake The Banana Bread
Spreading the batter equally, pour it into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in a preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Step 6: Cool And Serve
Remove the banana bread from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely. Optionally, dust the top with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving):
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 180mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 33g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 16g
- Protein: 4g
Tips For Baking Success
- Use ripe bananas for a naturally sweeter and more flavorful bread.
- Grate the apple finely for even distribution throughout the bread.
- Adjust the sweetness to your liking by adding more or less sugar.
- For a moist texture, don’t overmix the batter; stir until just combined.
- Experiment with different nuts or dried fruits for unique variations.
Variations And Customizations
Get creative with your Apple Cake Tea Room Banana Bread recipe by trying these variations:
- Apple Cinnamon Streusel: Add a cinnamon streusel topping for an extra layer of flavor and crunch.
- Caramel Drizzle: Drizzle caramel sauce over the cooled bread for a decadent twist.
- Cream Cheese Filling: Create a pocket of creamy goodness by adding a cream cheese filling to the batter.
This delightful banana bread is best enjoyed with a cup of freshly brewed tea. The combination of flavors will transport you to the enchanting ambiance of a charming tea room.
The Perfect Pairing: Tea And Banana Bread
The marriage of tea and banana bread is a match made in heaven. The soothing warmth of tea complements the comforting sweetness of the bread, creating a delightful sensory experience.
Health Benefits Of This Recipe
While Apple Cake Tea Room Banana Bread is undoubtedly a treat for the taste buds, it also offers some health benefits. The inclusion of apples and bananas provides essential vitamins and dietary fiber, making this indulgence a bit healthier than traditional desserts.
Indulge in the delightful fusion of flavors with our Apple Cake Tea Room Banana Bread recipe. Embrace the charm of tea rooms and savor the timeless taste of banana bread, elevated to new heights with the addition of apples.
This unique and delicious treat is perfect for gatherings, tea parties, or simply as a delightful afternoon snack. Enjoy the warmth and sweetness of this delightful creation, and experience the joy of baking this memorable recipe.