Welcome to the delightful world of baking! In this article, we will explore the Anne Of Cleves Cake recipe and provide you with this delightful treat in your own kitchen.
This cake, which is named after Anne of Cleves, a historical figure from the 16th century, is the ideal fusion of flavors and textures that is guaranteed to impress your loved ones. So let’s get started!
Anne Of Cleves Cake Recipe
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Baking Time: 30-35 minutes
- Cooling Time: 1 hour
- Yield: The Anne Of Cleves Cake recipe yields 12 servings.
To create a mouthwatering Anne Of Cleves Cake recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
Now that we have gathered all the necessary ingredients, let’s dive into the step-by-step instructions for making Anne Of Cleves Cake recipe:
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a cake pan.
Step 2: In a sizable mixing basin, combine the butter and sugar and beat until frothy. For this step, you can either use a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
Step 3: Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. This will ensure that the eggs are fully incorporated into the batter.
Step 4: In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add this mixture to the butter-sugar mixture, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients, mixing well after each addition.
Step 5: Stir in the vanilla extract for a delightful aroma and flavor.
Step 6: Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan, ensuring it is evenly distributed.
Step 7: Bake for about 30-35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Step 8: Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- Calories: 320
- Total Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Trans Fat: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Sodium: 180mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 40g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 24g
- Protein: 4g
Variations And Additions
While the traditional Anne Of Cleves Cake is a delightful treat on its own, you can get creative and add your personal touch to make it even more special. Here are a few variations and additions you can consider:
- Citrus Twist: Add the zest of one lemon or orange to the batter for a refreshing citrus flavor.
- Berry Bliss: Layer the cake with fresh berries and whipped cream for a burst of fruity goodness.
- Chocolate Indulgence: Drizzle melted chocolate over the cooled cake and sprinkle with chocolate shavings for an irresistible chocolatey delight.
Feel free to experiment and let your imagination run wild!
Anne Of Cleves Cake can be enjoyed in various ways. Here are a few serving suggestions to make your culinary experience even more delightful:
- Serve the cake as is, dusted with powdered sugar for an elegant and simple presentation.
- Pair it with a dollop of freshly whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a luscious dessert.
- Enjoy a slice with a cup of tea or coffee for a delightful afternoon treat.
To keep your Anne Of Cleves Cake fresh and delicious for longer, follow these simple storage tips:
- Once completely cooled, store the cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- For longer storage, wrap the cake tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Let it come to room temperature before serving.
Anne Of Cleves Cake is a delightful dessert with a rich history and scrumptious flavors. By following this recipe, you can recreate this historical treat and impress your loved ones.
Remember to get creative with variations and additions to personalize the cake to your taste. Enjoy every slice of this decadent delight!