Welcome to our latest recipe blog post, where we will be sharing a delicious and unique dish featuring angel sharks!
These sleek and fascinating creatures, also known as “Squatina,” are often overlooked in the culinary world, but they have delicate and flavorful meat that is perfect for grilling or frying.
In this post, we will share a recipe for grilled angel shark with a citrus herb marinade that will impress your taste buds and your dinner guests.
Not only is this recipe tasty, but it is also a sustainable and responsible way to enjoy seafood. Angel sharks are not typically targeted by fishermen and are considered a “bycatch,” so by choosing to cook with them, you can help support ocean conservation efforts and reduce pressure on more heavily fished species. Without further ado, let’s get cooking!
Angel Shark Recipe
- 1 pound of angel shark fillets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, rosemary, and thyme)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, and chopped herbs in a small bowl.
- Place the angel shark fillets in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them, turning the fillets to coat evenly. Cover the dish and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Remove the angel shark fillets from the marinade and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the fillets on the grill and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes until the flesh is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve the grilled angel shark with your choice of sides, and enjoy!