Are you looking for fresh soup recipes because you’re sick of the same old ones? Look no further than the Amish Church Soup recipe!
This soup has been handed down through the years and is a delectable and healthy dish that is loved by many.
In this post, we’ll look at the origins of Amish Church Soup, the ingredients and procedures for preparing it, and how you can make it your own.
History Of Amish Church Soup
Amish Church Soup is a traditional dish that has been served in Amish churches for many years. It is a community dish that is often made for potlucks and church gatherings.
The dish has become a standard in many Amish homes after being handed down through the centuries.
Amish Church Soup Recipe
Recipe Time And Yield
The total time to make Amish Church Soup is approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes, with 30-40 minutes of simmering time. This recipe yields 8 servings.
To make Amish Church Soup, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 potatoes, chopped
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 can of green beans, drained
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 6 cups of water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 cup of egg noodles
Steps To Make Amish Church Soup
Let’s get started preparing this delectable dinner now that you have acquired all of the necessary components! Follow the steps below:
- In a large pot, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned.
- Add in the chopped onion, celery, and carrots, and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the chopped potatoes, drained corn and green beans, diced tomatoes, water, chicken bouillon cubes, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- In a separate pot, cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions.
- Once the soup is done, stir in a tablespoon of butter for added flavor.
- Serve the soup hot, topped with cooked egg noodles.
The following nutrition facts are for one serving (1/8th of the recipe) of Amish Church Soup:
- Calories: 265
- Total Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Sodium: 856mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 20g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 17g
Customizations And Variations
While the classic Amish Church Soup recipe is delicious as is, you can customize it to your liking. Here are some variations to consider:
- Add in different vegetables, such as mushrooms or bell peppers.
- Use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef.
- Swap out the egg noodles for a different type of pasta, such as rotini or macaroni.
- Use vegetable broth instead of chicken bouillon cubes for a vegetarian option.
- Spice up the soup with chili flakes or hot sauce.
Amish Church Soup is a wholesome and delicious dish that has been enjoyed by many for generations. With its simple ingredients and easy steps, it is a great recipe to add to your collection.
This soup will go over well at both a family meal and a church potluck. Try out the recipe today and see why it has become a beloved Amish tradition!