If you’re a fan of classic American sandwiches, you’ll definitely love the Maid Rite sandwich. It’s a simple yet flavorful sandwich that originated in Iowa in the 1920s.
Maid Rites are made with seasoned ground beef served on a soft bun and topped with mustard, pickles, and onions.
In this blog post, we’ll share the Alton Brown Maid Rite recipe with you. Famous chef, author, and TV personality Alton Brown is renowned for his original and imaginative cooking methods. His Maid Rite recipe is a great way to enjoy this classic sandwich at home.
Alton Brown Maid Rite Recipe
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 8 sandwiches
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 soft hamburger buns
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Drain any excess fat from the skillet.
- Add the water, beef broth, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, kosher salt, and black pepper to the skillet.
- Stir to combine all the ingredients and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Turn the heat down to low and simmer the mixture, stirring periodically, for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Toast the hamburger buns and spread mustard on each bottom bun.
- Top each bottom bun with a scoop of the beef mixture, pickles, and onions.
- Place the top bun on each sandwich and serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- Calories: 370
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 820mg
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 27g
MAID RITE LOOSE MEAT SANDWICH
Maid Rites are a popular sandwich that’s easy to make and delicious to eat. Alton Brown’s recipe is a great way to enjoy this classic sandwich at home.
The combination of spices and seasonings in the beef mixture adds a lot of flavor to the sandwich. You can also add your own toppings, like cheese or jalapenos, to your Maid Rite sandwich.
The Alton Brown Maid Rite recipe is a must-try for any sandwich lover. It’s simple to make, flavorful, and perfect for any occasion.
Thus, use this recipe to make Maid Rites at home the next time you’re in the mood for a traditional American sandwich.