Looking for a unique and entertaining method to serve soup at your next get-together? Look no further than the Alphabet Soup In A Jar Recipe!
This unique recipe is sure to impress your guests with its colorful and flavorful presentation.
Alphabet Soup In A Jar Recipe
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 can (15 oz) of diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) of tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) of mixed vegetables
- 1 can (15 oz) of beef broth
- 1 can (15 oz) of chicken broth
- 1 cup of small pasta, such as alphabet noodles or mini shells
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- Combine the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, mixed vegetables, beef broth, and chicken broth in a large pot. On high heat, bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the small pasta, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper to the pot. Stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the pasta is cooked through.
- While the soup is simmering, sterilize six to eight jars by boiling them in a large pot of water for 10 minutes. After removing them from the heat, let the jars cool.
- Once the soup is done simmering, ladle it into the sterilized jars, filling each jar about two-thirds full.
- Screw the lids onto the jars and place them in a large pot of boiling water. Boil the jars for 15 minutes to seal them.
- Remove the jars from the pot of boiling water and let them cool on a wire rack. For up to six months, the jars can be kept in a cool, dark location.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving (Based On 6 Servings):
- Calories: 186
- Total Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 1065mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 36g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 10g
- Protein: 8g
How To Make A Delicious Alphabet Soup
Not only is this Alphabet Soup In A Jar Recipe delicious and easy to make, but it also makes for a great gift idea. Simply tie a ribbon around the jar and attach a label with the cooking instructions.
Your friends and family will love receiving such a thoughtful and tasty gift! Therefore feel free to try this dish at your upcoming event or as a gift idea.