Alden Merrell Chocolate Cake is a decadent and indulgent dessert that is perfect for any chocolate lover.
The rich and luscious cake produced by this recipe will impress your family and friends despite its ease of preparation.
Alden Merrell Chocolate Cake Recipe
Recipe Time: 1 hour
Yield: 12 slices
To make Alden Merrell Chocolate Cake, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot water
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease two 9-inch round cake pans with cooking spray or butter.
- Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt thoroughly in a large mixing basin.
- Add the buttermilk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Slowly pour in hot water and stir until the batter is well combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of each cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the pans and cool them on a wire rack.
- Once the cakes have cooled, you can frost them with your favorite frosting or serve them as is.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Assuming the recipe yields 12 slices, the nutrition facts per serving (1 slice) would be approximate:
- Calories: 405
- Total Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
- Sodium: 453mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 67g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 46g
- Protein: 5g
This Alden Merrell Chocolate Cake is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and impress your guests. Hot water and cocoa powder combine to produce a rich, velvety texture that is difficult to resist. Also, the buttermilk addition imparts a light tanginess that counteracts the sweetness..
Simple Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe | Basic recipe for beginners
If you’re a chocolate lover looking for a delicious and easy dessert recipe, Alden Merrell Chocolate Cake is perfect.
You can make a delicious cake with a few basic ingredients and some baking knowledge that will have everyone begging for more. So why not give it a try and indulge in this decadent chocolate treat today?