Adi Klinghofer Cake Recipe is a German-style chocolate cake that is filled with fluffy chocolate buttercream.
This cake is perfect for birthday parties, bachelor and bachelorette parties, or other celebrations. It is easy to make, does not require a lot of time, and tastes delicious.
The recipe for this cake is easy. The dough has the same structure as sponge cake dough and needs to be baked in a Bundt pan. Then a chocolate buttercream is poured on top of the warm cake and left to cool in the refrigerator.
If you would like to make it into a layered dessert, you can repeat the process with another layer of chocolate buttercream (see recipe below).
Adi Klinghofer Cake Recipe: Step By Step
- 3/4 – 1 cup (1 – 14 ounce) Gluten-Free Active-Dry Yeast
- 2 3/4 cups (11.5 ounces) All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) Coconut Oil, melted 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 cups (473 ml) Warm Milk (about 110 degrees F – 32 degrees C)
- 4 eggs, beaten 3/4 cup (150 g) Granulated Sugar
- 1.5 cups (12.25 ounces 9.25 ounces) Dark Chocolate Chips
- Combine your yeast, flour, baking soda, and salt in a new bowl. Stir well.
- Prepare the batter by adding the milk, eggs, melted coconut oil, vanilla to your flour mixture and mixing well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until dough develops bubbles on top.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine your sugar and chocolate chips using a spoon until the chips are slightly crushed.
- Grease your bundt pan with butter or grease on the inside (I used PAM cooking spray).
- Pour your dough mix into the desired baking pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the dough mix.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) or until the top of the cake springs back when touched lightly in the center with your finger.
- Let the cake cool for about 10 to 15 minutes, then invert from the pan. Stick a knife into the cake and slowly lift the knife up; the cake should slowly slide out of the pan into a round cake plate.
So Delicious Adi Klinghofer Cake Recipe: Reinforcing
This is another type of chocolate buttercream that can be used to make cakes, cupcakes, or other desserts. It is not just icing! It coats your baked goods well and gives them an extra level of deliciousness.
- 2 cups (226 grams) Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup (28 grams) Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 sticks (1 cup, 8 ounces) Unsalted Butter, softened (or coconut oil for dairy-free and vegan)
- Add your powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract; whisk well until ingredients are combined.
- Add butter to your mixture one stick at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Once all the butter has been added, use a mixer to beat the ingredients together until they are fluffy.
So Delicious Adi Klinghofer Cake Recipe: Chocolate Buttercream
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) Unsalted Butter,
- Softened 4 tablespoons (60 grams) Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups (339 grams) Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt (or coconut yogurt for dairy-free and vegan)
- 1/4 cup Milk
- First, combine your butter, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Add the powdered sugar and yogurt.
- Beat the mixture until it is well combined, check the consistency of your buttercream…if it is too stiff, add milk while still beating. If it is too liquid, add more powdered sugar while still beating.
- Mix (or fold) the buttercream into your cake batter until it just barely covers the cake’s surface.
This recipe makes several cakes to which you can add various toppings. Here are a few of my favorites…
Decorate your fully cooled cake with this chocolate buttercream. Use a piping bag and make small swirls on the cake like you would in frosting, but instead of decorating, it will stick to the top of your cake.
You will have extra buttercream after the decorating, so practice your decorating skills by creating a second layer of buttercream and placing it over the first one.
Create a thin layer of chocolate ganache and spread it evenly over your cake.
Sprinkle with various toppings such as nuts, sprinkles, or desiccated coconut.
Peanut Butter Frosting:
Decorate your cake with chocolate ganache and then spread peanut butter frosting on top of that. Use a pastry bag or spoon to apply frosting to the cake.
Then add chopped peanuts or sprinkles around the border of your cake.
For a more finished look, top with chocolate shavings or coconut shavings.
Using a spoon, drizzle peanut butter syrup all over the cake.
Sprinkle a layer of chopped peanuts on top.
Tips And Tricks
- If you would like some extra sweetness to your cake, you can add 1/2 cup sugar to the batter when you mix it.
- Baking your cakes in a Bundt pan will make them look more professional, but baking in a regular pan will taste just as good if not better!
- Following these tips will make your Adi Klinghofer Cake easy! Once you have mastered the cake itself, enjoy experimenting with different toppings.
- If you would like to make different flavors, try using Butterscotch chips or other flavors of chocolate chips.
- To make a layered cake, bake two or three cake layers as in the original recipe and then apply the topping. You can cut your cake into a spiral shape if you are feeling ambitious!
As you can tell, I really like this cake. It is super delicious, and if you are like me and don’t eat many sweets, then it’s got a lot of protein! Well, it’s a chocolate cake after all!
If you love chocolate or don’t love chocolate but want to try to like it, then this recipe is for you. It tastes great with any flavor at all!
- How To Reheat Fries In Microwave: Quick And Easy Tips - March 17, 2023
- How To Defrost Pasta Sauce: 4 Simple Ways - March 15, 2023
- How To Microwave Fish Sticks: A Quick And Easy Guide - March 12, 2023