Acme Oyster House Stuffed Artichoke Soup recipe is a delightful blend of flavors that can be found in the Mediterranean and would go great with your favorite entree. If you’re looking for an appetizer to share with friends, this soup will delight your guests. recipe is easy enough to prepare for a weeknight dinner yet savory enough to stand on its own as an entree.
Preparing the bread crumbs and filling the artichoke leaves with filling are probably two of the most difficult steps in this dish. However, these dishes are worth it in terms of flavor and texture.
This Acme Oyster House Stuffed Artichoke Soup recipe features a mixture of ground lamb, sun-dried tomatoes, bacon, scallions, thyme, and basil. This recipe is so simple that it’s almost silly to make it, but there’s a secret to making it all come together and taste so wonderful.
Acme Oyster House Stuffed Artichoke Soup Recipe:
Do you want to make a good impression on your dinner guests? Try this recipe.
- 1 large onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper or more to taste
- 1 jar of minced garlic in olive oil
- 14 ounces or 400 grams if you are outside of the U.S.
- 1 (about 3/4 lb) can artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy cream.
- Cut the onion in strips and sautee until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the chicken broth, milk, salt, pepper, artichoke hearts, and heat to a simmer.
- Set aside to cool for ten minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch into the cream and set it aside at room temperature.
- Add the garlic and cornstarch mixture to the soup.
- Let simmer for about 10 minutes before turning down the heat.
Serve hot with hard-crusted bread and good white wine.
Artichoke hearts are rich in iron and vitamins A, C, and K. They also contain potassium and dietary fiber. Artichoke hearts are low in calories, fat, and cholesterol. They also contain some plant-based protein as well as a good deal of antioxidants, vitamin C and folic acid.
All artichokes contain antioxidants; the antioxidants in artichoke may help to protect from cancer, heart disease, stroke, and inflammatory diseases.
Artichoke hearts and artichoke leaf extracts have been shown in studies to lower cholesterol and improve lipid (cholesterol) profiles, reducing the risk of heart disease. Artichokes may also support healthy liver function.
Is it good for the Mediterranean?
This soup’s main components that make it a Mediterranean favorite are artichokes and olives. Lentils are also a common ingredient in Mediterranean cuisines. In the first millennium AD, lentils were introduced to Greece and are referenced in the book of Exodus.
In the 13th century AD, French Jewish immigrants from Spain brought lentils to Italy. In this region, they are referred to as “soup escarole.” I suppose that Acme Oyster House Stuffed Artichoke Soup is in a class all its own and would make an excellent main dish for a very special meal.
Is it good for diet?
I suppose this would not be a good choice for a diet, as it has a lot of butter and cream. However, I think you could substitute olive oil for butter, and soy or other cream substitutes, like rice milk or almond milk.
The artichoke provides protein and fiber. It also contains phytonutrients that help stabilize blood sugar levels, which can be helpful to those with type 2 diabetes.
- We all know that artichokes are best eaten with the leaves attached when possible. However, they are not that tough to pull off. If you have trouble getting the leaves to come off, try dunking them in a pot of simmering water for about 20 seconds before peeling them.
- To get the best results from your immersion blender, it’s not good to pulse it more than 3-4 times when blending various foods, like soup and pasta sauces. Pulse for about 30-second intervals until smooth.
- You can make this recipe in a crockpot by following the same directions, except reduce the onions and garlic to 1/2 cup. You can also shred the artichoke hearts while they are still in the crockpot.
- In case you’re wondering what Acme Oyster House is, check them out on Wikipedia.
- Use an immersion blender to make this soup.
I would like to personally thank you for reading my article, and I hope that you made the recipe. If you did, please let me know what you think of it.
I would also like to thank my friends and readers who have shared their food with me on other blogs and Facebook.